We are perfectly located to explore the very best of what the Drakensberg offers. The most honest description of where we are located is the middle nowhere. Between Estcourt and Mooi River and Giants Castle. Easy access to Kamberg, Monks Cowl and the Kwazulu Natal Midlands. There is a lot to do in the area making this Drakensberg accommodation option an easy choice. Read more …
The Lodge – Drakensberg accommodation
The lodge is artistic in style and offers 2 lounges, a wine cellar, a small bar and a dining room. We offer the option of hosted dinning at a communal table or if you would prefer you can also sit at an own table. We also offer the option of private dining where we setup a table on the deck of your cave and you dine by candlelight under the stars. Read more…
This lodge practices small scale farming using permaculture. We have a small flock of sheep, 3 milk cows, some Nguni beef cattle, horses, donkeys, a pig, and a few chickens, turkeys, ducks and geese. For us it is important that the animals are well kept and live a good life. Read more…
There is a cornucopia of things to do in the Drakensberg region. Or you could just chill out. The main attraction is the Drakensberg Mountains so a visit to Giants Castle and some hiking is a great idea. Or you could visit one of the best rock art sites in South Africa at Kamberg. We offer horse trails ideally suited to beginners. There is the option to fly in a hot air balloon, glide with vultures in a microlight or a game drive in the Zulu Waters Private Game Reserve. Read more…
Why Stay at Antbear lodge?
- Free WIFI and free parking
- Its a unique Drakensberg accommodation option. Its an inspiring experience and is likely to be one of your most remembered accommodation venues ever.
- Great value for money. Our comfortable accommodation is very affordable and includes breakfast and dinner.
- An intimate and personal experience. No big hotels here. Just friendly and welcoming hospitality with excellent home cooked food, superb walks and hikes, reading in front of the fireplace, playing board games and pleasant company.
- This is an ethical business that is practicing responsible tourism, fair labor practice with Eco friendly policies.
- A perfect base from which to experience everything that the Drakensberg and Natal Midlands have in store for you.
- An ideal retreat for individuals and groups, a place to rest, reflect and take stock of life.
- A spiritual wedding venue with spectacular views and service that excels.