SOUTH AFRICA’S SINGING AMBASSADORS
Worldwide there are many schools with boys’ choirs, but the Drakensberg Boys Choir is unique and one of only a few of its kind, globally: a boarding school using choral music as a significant vehicle for holistic education.
The mission of the Drakensberg Boys Choir School is to prepare boys for life and leadership through excellence in music, academics, physical development and social enrichment, in a Christian environment.
Our Core Values
- We will respect all staff and pupils of the school.
- We will strive to consistently display integrity by being honest, fair and reliable.
- We will strive to deliver excellence in academics, music and all other activities of the school.
- We will excel through hard work, discipline and teamwork.
- We will respect and care for the environment.
- Christian values will form the basis of everything that we undertake.
Core Beliefs of Our Staff
- We will value and respect each pupil and encourage them to perform to their best ability.
- We will strive to meet the needs of all pupils by encouraging them to excel in every aspect of their careers at DBCS.
- We will prepare students for life beyond DBCS.
- We will collaborate with one another respectfully and professionally.
- We will cooperate with parents who are important stakeholders in the school to maximise the potential of every boy.
- We will strive towards an active partnership between the school and the community.