- Umlilo Lodge is a 4 star guest house
- Situated in the small village of St Lucia
- the only private village in the world to be completely surrounded by a World Heritage Site.
- Umlilo Lodge offer 12 comfortable en-suite guests rooms in our tropical treehouse like lodge.
Umlilo Lodge Guests can choose to laze on the wooden deck by the pool, make use of our free WiFi or relax in our bar lounge with an honesty bar and full Digital Satellite Television (DSTV) which is surrounded by a fishpond. In the evenings guests can choose to enjoy a Braai sitting in the Boma around a fire and exchange travel stories or wander into town to sample our local restaurants.
You are spoiled for choice from 07:30 until 09:30 when we serve a healthy and delicious English and continental breakfast, which also includes fresh fruit, assorted yoghurt, cold meats, cheeses, cereal and much more at the Umlilo Lodge .
If you have an early morning, we are happy to pack your breakfast the evening before for you to take on your trip. Complimentary coffee and tea is always available in the guest rooms.
A variety of activities
We can also assist in booking various activities in St Lucia and the iSimangaliso Wetlands Park,
such as Big 5 Safaris, whale watching, sea turtle tours, horse riding, cruises and more.
- BIG 5 GAME DRIVES
- These tours are carried out in Open Game Drive vehicles and take you into one of Africa’s most scenic parks, the Hluhluwe / iMfolozi Game Reserve. Tours offered full or half days, both are catered.
- WETLANDS PARK TOUR
- Come and learn about South Africa’s first World Heritage Site. Tour includes snorkelling, weather permitting, and some short walks to view points. Tour is fully catered.
- SNORKELLING AT CAPE VIDAL
- These are offered at Cape Vidal, which boasts world class snorkelling.
- HIPPO AND CROC CRUISE
- This boat cruise must not be missed while in St. Lucia, it is one of your best chances to get up close and personal with the residents of our estuary.
- TURTLE TOURS
- (SEASONAL, NOV – MARCH)
Head into the Maputaland Turtle Sanctuary for guaranteed turtle sightings during the main part of the season, includes a night drive.
- WHALE WATCHING
- (SEASONAL, JUNE – NOV)
This exhilarating tour is not to be missed during the season. Being close to a Humpback Whale is a truly memorable experience.